If you have downloaded a movie which in mkv file format and you found out that you cannot burn it with Windows 7 DVD Maker.
Then this is what you need to do:
1. Go to http://www.effectmatrix.com/Free-MKV-DVD/index.htm to download free E.M. Free MKV Video2Dvd.
2. Once you click “Download”, you will see “Opening free-mkv-dvd-setup.exe. Click “Save File”. You can save it wherever you like.
4. Click “Run”.
5. Select the language of your choice. And click “OK”.
6. Now you will see a box titled “Setup-Free MKV Video2Dvd 3.30”. Click “Next”.
7. Then you see another box about information. Click “Next”.
8. Select where you would like to save. Click “Next”.
9. The next step is up to you. If you want to save the icon on your desktop or like to crate a quick launch icon, then tick the small boxes provided. If not, just remove the two ticks by clicking on them. Then click “Next”.
10. Now it’s time to install. Click “Install”. It will start installing….
11. Once it is done, click “Finish”. And it will launch free MKV Video2Dvd.
12. You will see the image as shown below. By default, it is set in Easy mode. Click “OK”.
15. Drag your saved movie file onto “File name” column. Then click the plus sign (+) on right hand top corner.
16. “Add files…” box pops up. You should see your selected movie inside this box.
17. Below there is this “File name”, click on the small inverted triangle to drop down the menu list. Select the location of your movie. Click “Open”.
18. Click “Burn now” and select “To DVD disc”. It will start to convert and burn it onto your blank DVD disc.