A quick tip on how to change nameservers GoDaddy.
I have two addon domains over at GoDaddy. Originally the domains were pointed to Bluehost.
As I have changed my hosting to ServerFreak, I also need to make changes to the nameservers of my addon domains at GoDaddy.
How To Change Nameservers GoDaddy
1. Log into your GoDaddy account.
2. Go to your name as appeared on the top right hand corner of the page.
3. Click on the small V- symbol next to your name.
4. It will drop down a panel with various information.
5. Under Control Panel Links:, click on Manage My Domains.
6. It will open a new page with your domains in separate boxes.
7. Go to the particular domain which you want to change its nameservers.
8. On top right hand corner of the domain name, you can see a small cog-wheel and a small V-symbol.
9. Click on the either one, the cog wheel or V-symbol.
10. You will see a drop-down menu with three options: Domain settings, Manage DNS and Sell my domain.
11. Click on Manage DNS.
13. Click on SETTINGS tab.
14. Now click the word “Manage” as shown below.
As for my case, you can see the Bluehost nameservers: NS. BLUEHOST.COM and NS2.BLUEHOST.COM.
Note: Make sure SETUP TYPE is set at “Custom”.
17. Another box pops up showing you the existing nameservers in the two boxes.
18. Delete them away and type in the new nameservers.
For my case, it used to be Bluehost and I changed them to ServerFreak nameservers which are: DNS1.SERVERFREAK.BIZ and DNS2.SERVERFREAK.BIZ
19. Then click on the OK button.
20. Now it shows your new nameservers as what you have typed in.
22. You will see a message which says that it the changes have been submitted and it takes a few moment to make the changes.
That’s all you need to do to change nameservers at GoDaddy.