Read How Scammers Use PayPal To Cheat People In US
Folks living in United States, the next time if you want to sell stuff online to those living overseas using PayPal; you better beware.
If you ship something in the United States, you must get a shipping confirmation from any buyer from overseas or insist they sign for the item.
If you do not have any proof that you sent the item to them, these scammers can get their money back through Paypal together with your product!
1. They offer to buy something from you.
2. They only want to pay you through Paypal.
3. The purposely offer you a ridiculously big amount for the shipping charges. (Don’t be happy!)
4. Then they ask you to send them an invoice through email saying that they can pay you right away. (Don’t be too happy!)
5. Now what they do is, they report to Paypal that they never received the stuff that they paid for.
If you ship an item to an overseas location, you don’t get a shipping confirmation simply because the United States does not provide shipping confirmations for outside the United States packages.
Now they can get their money back through Paypal and they also have your item as well! [source:yahoo voices]
Talking about PayPal, I am sure you have read folks having horrible experiences with this popular online payment mechanism, for instance having their account suspended or frozen and other unpleasant stories.
You can read them PayPal Warning.