Latest Updated: September 1st, 2016
From my recent experience, I found that the two methods which I shared with you here CANNOT work any more!
The only option which I am using now is by using the Snipping Tool to copy the text and saved it a JPEG file.
Then use Optical Character Recognition, or OCR tool to convert the JPEG format to editable text.
How to copy text from “Look Inside” Amazon book? It can be done without the use of Optical Character Recognition, or OCR tool, as shown in the image
*UPDATE (Dec 2014)
This hack can only work with Firefox 33.1.1 version. And NOT the latest 34.0.5 version.
*LATEST UPDATE (August 2016)
Sorry to inform you that this guide for copying text from Amazon Look Inside CANNOT work anymore.
But wait, there’s more.
Yes, you can still copy Amazon Look Inside text.
In fact it is even easier without having to use Greasemonkey and Amazon Look Inside Downloader.
Note: Firstly, you cannot do it to ALL books now!
You can only copy the “Look Inside!” text for some books which offer both options, “Kindle Book” and “Print Book“.
This is what you do:
Note: Just like the original method taught here, you still need to select the Kindle Book at the Look Inside page, to copy out the text.
1. Once you are at the Kindle Book, just right click on the page.
2. A menu box will pop up. Click on Select All.
3. Next right click again. Then click Copy.
4. Now open Notepad.
5. Right click on the Notepad and click Paste.
6. Now you have all the text from the Amazon Look Inside page.
7. Select whatever text you want or just delete away those unwanted text.
8. That’s all.
Here is an easy-to-follow tutorial to show you how to do it:
1. Go to download the Firefox add-on called Greasemonkey at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/
2. Install the latest version.
3. Click the green color “+ Add Firefox” button on the right hand side.
4. A rectangular box will appear which says: Add-on downloading.
5. Just a few seconds, an installation box will pop up. Then click Install Now button as shown below.
7. Click on the “Restart Now” button.
8. Now you can see the small monkey head icon on the top right hand corner of the Navigation toolbar.
1. Install the user script called Amazon Reader (look Inside) Downloader from: http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/125261
2. Click “Install” green button on the top right hand corner of the page.
3. A menu box pop up called Greasemonkey Installation. Click on “Install” button at the bottom of the box as shown below:
How To Copy Preview Pages From Amazon Look Inside! preview pages.
1. Go to Amazon book department select the book of your choice. Then click on Look Inside! on top of the book cover image.
2. Click on “Kindle Book” tab and wait for the pages to be downloaded.
Take Note: This tool CANNOT copy texts from the Print Book option. So you need to select Kindle Book tab as shown below.
Make sure both the “Enabled” and “Amazon Reader (Look Inside) Downloader” are checked or ticked. You can see them when you are on the Amazon website and you click on the triangle symbol next to the money icon on the top right hand corner of your computer screen.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: You can copy these texts of books from Amazon for personal use only. But please DO NOT plagiarize it like this Malaysian writer.
* Here is a tutorial on how to copy and paste preview pages from Google Books.